AttitudeAdopt

Our Journey to Adopt a Child

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cross Country Skis

We bought Ethan a cross-country ski set last night. Sort of a spontaneous purchase, sort of not. (Hard to buy them since you know they’ll last no more than one season, but on the other hand, you get out on them more when you own them. Final justification: the cost of an entire x-country ski set is less than two days of lift tickets at a down-hill center.) Hopefully my passion for x-country skiing will make up for its obscurity in the social lives of his age group. I feel a bit pressured to take Ethan ice-skating and downhill skiing since that’s what other kids are doing, but they just are not my favorite activities.

Anyway, I’m incredibly psyched since x-country skiing one of my all-time favorite things to do in life, and now we can do it together without a huge deal. We got home last night just as it was getting dark, but we managed to ski around the house and yard to the light from the house and streetlights. Today I’m planning on picking Ethan up from school, and taking him over to the Minute Man Trail near our house to ski for a bit.

For some odd reason, Ethan doesn’t use the word ‘people’, but instead calls them ‘humans’. So, where someone else might said, “I see a bunch of people over there”, Ethan will instead say, “I see some humans over there.” Not sure why he does this, but it’s sort of cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home