AttitudeAdopt

Our Journey to Adopt a Child

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Two Llamas

Ethan kept saying "two llamas" when he woke up in the morning, which really confused me. He has a DVD called "Is Your Mama A Llama", so I was thinking he might be making some reference to the llamas snuggling up at the end, but it didn't really make a lot of sense, and he seemed pretty upset when I didn't understand. Finally, I figured out that he meant he wanted the window shades opened up. So "two llamas" must either mean shades, windows, or 'open the shades' in some language or other.

Ethan is getting so good at his vocabulary that when I take him into stores, everyone just thinks that he speaks English. At the supermarket yesterday they said 'Merry Christmas' to him, and he cheerily replied "Nerry Horses" back to them, and everyone was happy. Today someone said "ho, ho, ho", and Ethan repeated 'ho, ho, ho" back, and there were smiles all around.

Ethan is watching the movie Shrek for about the three hundred and fifty seventh time over the last few days. It has a dragon in it, which he's fascinated by. Otherwise, he doesn't understand much of the dialogue (except for tiny bits, like when donkey says "pick me, pick me!"), but he's fascinated by it enough to sit for two hours. Kid has good taste. I'm sitting here beside him with my laptop because if I watch this movie one more time I'm going to jump out the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home