AttitudeAdopt

Our Journey to Adopt a Child

Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Day

We have a snow day here today (again!). We’ve been pretty white here since mid-December. The snow literally had just melted enough for the hard-working landscape guys to come pick up our leaves yesterday (Sunday), and today we’re getting another 10 inches. .

It’s 7:30am, and Ethan is snuggled in bed watching a “Ben Ten” video that his sister Jen and her husband Tim gave him for Christmas. I’m sitting here beside him, working on my laptop computer, in a somewhat futile attempt to get some work done while I can. Ben’s cousin is named Gwen, so I jump every few minutes when they call out her name in the video. (Ut-oh, Gwen just got kidnapped, so they’re saying her name even more).

It’s nice to have the day off with Ethan. He’s been getting so tired at school, that it’s good to have an excuse not to go today. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been picking him up early from after-school anyway. It had become increasingly apparent that he was just too tired when I showed up at 5pm. I feel very grateful I’ve had the flexibility to pick him up early.

Yesterday I made a mad dash to get Ethan a new pair of snow pants, since he grew out of the old snowsuit. (At his doctor’s appointment last week, they measured him at 45 inches.) He was starting to hate snow since he kept getting wet feet in his old suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home