AttitudeAdopt

Our Journey to Adopt a Child

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one-year anniversary of first meeting Ethan. I have such a vivid picture in my mind of meeting him. My first impression was that they were showing us a different boy first, since he seemed too gorgeous to really be him.

I have been wondering all year if we would want to celebrate "adoption day" or "gotcha day". For some reason, today seems more significant to me than the court date -- somehow more personal and important. October 16 is also my big sister's birthday, as well as Ethan's best bud Cameron's birthday as well.

We celebrated tonight with a few gifts, and we called Tania, the other girl (3yrs old) who was adopted at the same time. It’s really interesting to hear the two of them having a conversation in English. Ethan had a huge grin as he was talking to her. I asked him why later and he said he was happy that Tania had a mom and dad too. How sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home