AttitudeAdopt

Our Journey to Adopt a Child

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where money?

Ethan loves all his birthday presents. He seems very proud to have "lots toys". When he meets new people, including adults, he often asks them if they have "lots toys home".

The other morning at breakfast Ethan was waving out the window at our back yard and asking "where money? where money?" I asked him if he meant his collection of coins, but he shook his head. "Where money?" he asked again. I was baffled since he kept pointing out to the grass. I asked him if he meant the paper things we use to buy things with. Ethan tends to wrinkle his brow and scowl at me when I don't get the obvious. "Like in DVD! Wallace" he said in an exasperated tone. Oh! Was he confusing the word money with bunny?? "Yes! Where bunny?"

Ethan also has a very interesting grammatical habit that can be confusing to the uninitiated. He'll say "Ethan, I like chocolate", which means he likes chocolate (he does!). Or, "Papa, he no like french fries?" which means "does papa like french fries" (Ethan is fascinated by what we like and don't like, and is continually asking. Sometimes if I say I don't like something that he likes, like "cheese-its", he'll just shout back "no!" as if it's just impossible I couldn't like something he does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home